For tagging a post to someone, you have to create a link to their profile name.
The post tagged to that person may be added to that timeline of that person.
For instance, if you tag someone to show who’s in the photo or post a status update and mention the friend’s name you are with.
If any of your friends in your status update post, anyone who sees that update post can click on your friend’s name and his profile.
The update of status may also show on that friend’s time.
The friends you tag someone in your status post may get a notification for the update.
Also if you or a friend tags someone in your post, the post will also be visible to the audience you selected and also to the friends of the tagged person.
If you are tagged in with someone post who is not on your friend’s list, you can decide if you want them to allow a view of your timeline.
You can also review the post tags posted by anyone, including your friends.
HOW TO TAG PEOPLE OR PAGES ON FACEBOOK?
You can share the pictures or pages with Facebook friends by tagging someone.
You can also tag a friend and name that is shared by others, subject to the privacy settings open the option.
TAGGING A PHOTO BEFORE POST:
- At the top of the News Page, click Photo/Video which is in your mind.
- Select the pictures you want to share and tag a friend
- Select the photo and click on your drop-down menu
- Click Tag Photo, then click a friend in the photo and type / write their name.
- Select the name in full of the friend you want to tag when it may appear on the timeline and select to tag friends name.
- After completing your selection of tagging someone, click Save and then click,
- Select the friend’s name or audience for your post, and click Post.
You can share and tag someone with your Facebook friends in your Page’s pictures and videos if they have liked your post they are at least 18 years old.
TAGGING OTHER PEOPLE OR PAGES IN A PHOTO:
- Click the left corner menu of your News Feed Page
- Select and Click the photo you want to tag on your drop-down menu
- Click the top right
- Click the person in the photo.
- Start typing the name of the person or pages, then select them from the list which appears on your page and tag friends name. Click Done Tagging at the bottom.
TAG OTHER PEOPLE OR PAGES IN A VIDEO:
- Click pages in the left corner menu of your News Feed page
- Go to your page
- Click publishing in the left menu tools
- Click Video library on the left of your page you want to tag
- From your profile’s News Feed, click Pages shown in the left menu.
- Select the video you want to tag, then click Edit post.
- Click on your page below the profile picture.
- Start typing the name of the person’s or friends or page name, then select the name of friends from the list that appears that you want to tag someone with his name.
- Click Save.
AFTER TAGGING SOMETHING, THE PERSON GET A NOTIFICATION:
Once something is tagged to anybody you want to tag, the person you are tagging to will receive a notification you that have tagged them something.
The notification setting can be adjusted to change what you received notifications about.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T LIKE A POST OR PHOTO, YOU ARE TAGGING IN:
If you don’t like a post or video and not happy with what you are tagged in on Facebook, you can remove the tag.
For removing a tag, please follow the important steps below:
- Send a message to the person who tagged you and request them to take it down or delete it.
- Block the person’s name who tagged you, which can remove the tag and prevents these users from tagging or contacting your profile on Facebook.
- If the post is not appropriate and abusive, report it to Facebook.
HOW TO REPORT AN ABUSIVE PHOTO & PERSON’S NAME ON FACEBOOK?
For any inappropriate or abusive photo which does not follow the Community Businesses Standards, please report the names or type of group who are disturbing the life, on the business page as:
- Click the photo you want to report. If the profile is locked and you can’t view the full size of the photo, click Find Support or Report Photo and users.
- Tap in the top right.
- Select Find support of Report Photo and post and name of the person
- Select the option which suits your complaint and issue and follow the on-screen instructions.
FACE RECOGNITION SETTING AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
The option of face recognition and names is used to analyze the pictures and videos, such as your profile picture and videos that you have been tagged in, to make a unique number for yourself which is called a Template.
When you turn your face recognition setting on, Facebook will create your template and use it to compare the other pictures, videos, and other places where the camera can be used.
HOW TO USE FACE RECOGNITION TEMPLATE:
If the setting is turned on, Facebook will use your face recognition template in the following types of ways:
- Find pictures and videos which you are in, so we can help you review or share content, suggest tags, and provide more relevant content and feature recommendations.
- Facebook will let you know when you appear in pictures and videos but are not been tagged. You can review those pictures in Photo Review.
- When you add a photo or video, we may suggest that you tag people in pictures or videos.
- If Facebook thinks that you are in a photo or video that your friends are added. If you don’t like to review pictures or videos you are tagged in before they appear on your time, you can turn on Timeline Review or go for an article on Facebook.
A FEW TIPS TO GIVE YOU CONTROL ON FACE RECOGNITION:
- If you turn your face recognition setting on, we’ll keep your template while your account is active but will be deleted it if you turn your face recognition setting off.
- Facebook never shares your template with anyone else but you.
- Facebook doesn’t have any face recognition features that tell strangers who you are.
- If you are untagged from a photo or video, we won’t use that photo or video as part of the face recognition template to recognize you.
- Facebook Face recognition feature is only available to people who are over 18. People under 18 are not eligible for face recognition setting.
FACE RECOGNITION SETTING ON AND OFF:
When you turn your face recognition setting on, Facebook will use face recognition names technology to analyze pictures and videos we think you’re in, such as your profile picture and pictures you’ve already been tagged in, to create a template for you.
We use your template to recognize you in other friend photos, videos, and other places where the camera is used (like live video) on Facebook.
People over 18 are on eligible for face recognition feature and people under 18 won’t have access to this setting.
There is an article available for Face Recognition Setting which also describes the opening a number of times.
TURN THE SETTING ON OR OFF FOR YOUR ACCOUNT:
- Click in the top right of the Facebook page.
- Select Settings & Privacy, then click Settings.
- In the left column, click Face Recognition.
- Then go to “Do you want Facebook to be able to recognize you in photos and videos?” and click Edit.
- Select Yes or No to confirm your choice.
WHEN THE SETTING IS OFF:
- Your Facebook experience would not include us recognizing you.
- Facebook will delete your face recognition template.
- Facebook will not use face recognition to suggest that people tag you in photos. This means that Facebook will still tag you photos, but we won’t recommend face recognition template tags. Further details can be reviews through any article available on Facebook.