A relatively new addition to the home movie scene, Disney Plus is a streaming service that is the latest addition to the Disney network.
Disney Plus debuted in November 2019 in the USA but is quickly scaling the heights of popularity and success in households all across the globe. You can easily log on to Disneyplus.com/begin to see what the hype is all about. There is both a Local version and an International version.
A Pleasant Surprise
Starved for something good to watch on a lonely weekend? Just log into Disney Plus and you’ll escape into a world of wonder and nostalgia as you access classic TV shows and movies of yesteryear- gems of entertainment that were once the preferred viewership on local channels or at the cinema.
Or if you prefer to look at something more current that appeals to everyone- anime and cartoons are in unlimited supply for kids young and old. Once you stream in, you’ll be enthralled at the sheer number of choices available.
How Do I Log In?
It’s as easy as 1-2-3. This streaming service is available in many bundles. For $13.99 a month, you can get Disney Plus coupled with Hulu and ESPN Plus. The simpler local version of Disney Plus in the USA costs $7.99. If you go for a yearly subscription, it would cost you S79.99.
The Home Page
Exploring the Disney Plus service on its Home Page will give you a choice of Disney Plus, Hulu and ESPN Plus with slightly incremental costs. You can even start off with just Disney Plus and then add Hulu or ESPN Plus separately or in tandem.
If you are still unsure, Disney Plus has a 24 x 7 Customer Support and Chat page that will address all your concerns. There is even an Ad Free version available for a slightly higher fee. The advantage is the combined cost of all three is far less than if you used separate subscriptions.
You’ll be overwhelmed with choices
You might wonder about what choice to make and why. While the Disney Plus basic service includes its own cache of classic movies and TV shows, Hulu gives you options for adult and mature audiences.
ESPN is the preferred channel for sports lovers. So it’s entirely up to you about what you decide concerning subscription.
Number of Viewers and Devices
If you are concerned about how many connections you can use simultaneously, there are up to four devices you can log in from without any worry.
A Multitude of Choices
Disney Plus has a rich library of content that is part of its legacy. It has been in the business for quite a number of years, and available movies for viewing include those from Disney Channel, Pixar Studios, National Geographic Marvel Studios, the Star Wars saga and 20th Century Fox.
The folk at Disney are constantly finding ways to expand their offering of original and exclusive content.
The List of Offerings
Some of the movies that are on offer are:
- George Lucas’ Willow
- New additions to the Star Wars series
- Baymax based on Big Hero 6
- Zootopia Plus conceived from the original Zootopia movie
- Tiana based on the Princess and the Frog
- Cars on the Road– an adaptation from Cars
- A revisit to the Nicolas Cage starrer National Treasure
- Tim Allen’s Santa Clause movies.
Percy Jackson fans will also get a sequel to watch, as will followers of Baby’s Day Out.
National Geographic Channel will air
- A Real Bug’s Life– based on the smallest creatures on the planet.
- Limitless– a Chris Hemsworth starrer about exploring the limits of our bodies,
- America the Beautiful, examining the historical evolution and present realities of the North American continent
- Genius– a biopic covering the life and times of Martin Luther King Jr.
Disney Original Movies will include
- Aladdin spinoffs- from the 2019 original movie
- Hocus Pocus 2 – sequel to this acclaimed supernatural comedy.
- Sister Act 3 – Whoopi Goldberg will return
- Three Men and a Baby – Zac Efron will star
- Sports docudramas– taking a look at the lives of athletes Chris Paul, Keanon Lowe, and Giannis Antetokounmpo
- Chip n Dale: Rescue Rangers – a hybrid live-action-animated version of Disney’s classic
- Pinocchio – a live-action version of Disney’s animated classic.
- Disenchanted – the long-awaited sequel to Enchanted
- Peter Pan and Wendy –with Jude Law as Captain Hook.
- Crater – a futuristic movie set on a crater of the moon
- Sneakerella –a new urban tale based on Cinderella
- Night at the Museum: Kahmunrah Rises Again – from the hit live action family adventure movie series.
Fans of the Marvel series will not be disappointed. New movies will include
- Echo – a spin-off from Hawkeye. The title character is a deaf woman who can adapt to any fighting style.
- Ms. Marvel – a series centering on the Pakistani-American superhero.
- Moon Knight – a Marvel Studios series that tells the story of Marc Spector, a dark vigilante with powers derived from the Moon
- She-Hulk – a Marvel Studios series about a gamma-powered woman who is also a lawyer
- Secret Invasion – where Samuel L. Jackson returns to play Nick Fury. He has to deal with an invasion of the shape-changing alien Skrulls.
- Ironheart – about a female inventor who creates the next-generation version of Iron Man’s armor
- Armor Wars – a spinoff series that deals with the Iron Man armor tech falling into the wrong hands
- The Guardians of the Galaxy: Holiday Special – with an expected release in late 2022. This special edition will contain all of the original cast members.
For those viewers who would love to watch TV series, there is WandaVision, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Marvel 616, Loki, Agent Carter, Boy Meets World,
Runaways, Big Shot, The Mighty Ducks: Gamechangers, Star Wars: Visions, The Mandalorian, The Bad Batch, The Clone Wars. Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, High School Musical and so many others. It just goes on and on.
2021 releases include Summer of Soul, Free Guy, Eternals, The Book of Boba Fett, Encanto, The Beatles: Get Back, Hawkeye, The Mysterious Benedict Society and many others.
So little time, so many choices. Whether it’s the Marvel series that appeals to you, or you are a Star Wars fan, or prefer to view documentaries about the natural world and biographies, Disney Plus has got you covered all the way. Choose your preferred package today.